April 6, 2018
One of the most important things the United Methodist Church can do is to pray for and guide our children in the love of God and neighbor. This first week after Easter we return to the pattern of pray we followed before Lent–the Friday prayer prompt call us to act on our prayer–we help our children and youth do one loving thing for those involved in schools.
Do One Thing for Your School
- Pick up litter you see on the school grounds and dispose of it properly.
- Invite someone who seems lonely to eat lunch with you and your friends.
- Thank the teachers and the staff in your school.
- Pray for kids who have difficulty in school.
- Pray for the Council of Bishops as they seek unity on a way forward for all the United Methodists around the world.
*Adapted from Pockets, (April 2018), page 9. All rights reserved. Used with permission.